Monday, October 19, 2009

Go Yankees … sort of.

As much as I hate to say it, the Yankees belong in the playoffs. To utter such words is blasphemy, but hear me out.

First I want to take you back to November 4, 2001 … Does anyone know where I’m going with this? Well if you don’t or you would like to take a trip to memory lane you should check this out.


For those of you who remember that night, do you remember how it felt? I can’t explain how exciting it was to watch the Yankees walk off the field in all their arrogance and … glory. What bliss, I might have cried … probably did. I don’t know how you Athletic fans felt when the Yankees beat you but I remember what they did to Seattle: Alfonso Soriano’s 2-run walkoff against Kasuhiro Sasaki in game 4, and Lou Piniella guaranteeing that the Mariners would return to Seattle only to lose game 5 while Yankee fans chanted “Overrated!” It was hard on me but it was all wiped away on November 4th. Was it like that for you guys in Oakland? I hope it was. That year they were supposed to be “America’s Team,” quite frankly if you rooted for the Yankees because of 9/11 then you’re a TRAITOR. But I digress.

Every story needs the “good vs. evil” and no team calls hell home like the Yankees.

Would it have been nice if they lost to the Twins in first round?

Yeah.

Or they collapse against the Angels?

Definitely!

How about we tease them into thinking that they’ll win it all … you know get everyone in on it like replacing Melky Cabrera in center with Brett Gardner and bringing in Mariano Rivera in the bottom of the 9th of game 7 and BAM! They lose?

That would be AWESOME!!!

Totally.

- Gaerts -

No comments:

Post a Comment